Something to discuss or share around development, here is the right place
Before requesting support, please make sure:
- your problem is not already discussed in this forum
- your poblem is not already listed here : https://wowmodelviewer.net:8443/issues/?filter=10901
Please enclose logs and clear workflow (+ screenshot if applicable) to help understand your issue.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am
I was playing around with your WowModelViewer's code and managed to compile a basic version of the client to as an x86_64 target for macOS.
Here is a link to a short screen recording of it: https://youtu.be/6ERz5DL-njw
While my fork contains a lot of experiments, and quick & dirty workarounds, it does fix a few issues which are probably present in your Windows client:
- There are several lines which look something like
where a Heap over-reading occur when/if the allocated bytes for val < sizeof(unsigned int)
Code: Select all
result = (*reinterpret_cast <unsigned int*>(val));
- modelheaders.h - Got many CPU exceptions thrown in 64bit mode with byte alignment = 1. Setting it to 8 solved it.
Here is my Fork's commit list: https://bitbucket.org/Norod/wowmodelviewer/commits/all
Specifically commits d6fb2e0
are the ones who also contain the fixes to the issues I mentioned above
You guys are doing an amazing work!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:57 am
It looks awesome. Can you write a few compiling instructions on getting a binary built?
I mostly write in Python, Objective-C and Swift. I've only compiled a C++ app once to get a Bitcoin miner working on my Hackintosh and MacBook Pro
I'd really like to take a stab at repairing the M3 exporter, I'm using WoW Model Viewer 7.0.5 atm since it still worked on that older build.