How to get back a WoD WoW installation

Support in english language
Forum rules
Before requesting support, please make sure:
- your problem is not already discussed in this forum
- your poblem is not already listed here : https://wowmodelviewer.net:8443/issues/?filter=10901
Please enclose logs and clear workflow (+ screenshot if applicable) to help understand your issue.
Thanks !
Jeromnimo
Broot

How to get back a WoD WoW installation

Post by Broot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:11 pm

I know this is known amongst the more active WMV users, but for those who don't know already - there is a back up WoW version on torrent. We can download it and set up the path files to use the data from the backup. I think this is already being discussed on the French sub forums, but maybe the english speaking audience can get a heads up.

It works! If you get a "could not get locale" error or something similar, your path to the data is wrong. Your path file must include the "Data" subfolder, inside the WoW files. *The item names are in French*.

http://tinyurl.com/torrentwmv - WoW Torrent File
http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/downloads/ - Torrent Program
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL0J0eyoaw0 - You don't need to watch this, but you might as well as give the uploader some views :D

DISCLAIMER: I do not take credit for the work around, I am merely trying to spread the info. All credits to the video creator and the individual who backed up the files. You use uTorrent at your own discretion, I believe there are no viruses attached - as the torrent uploader is claimed to be an machinima enthusiast. I never use torrent because I'm very wary of viruses and malwares, this is only exception I've ever made because I really need to extract wow files. Having said that, I can't find anything wrong with the files - at least at the time of writing this.

All thanks to Jeronimo for his/her hard effort and the individual(s) who was smart enough to backup their WoW files - thank you!

EDIT: If there is a high enough request for it, maybe I'll put a zipped folder on my server for people to download. 29~GB zip lol!
Last edited by Broot on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sigmous

Re: WMV Legion HotFix *temporary*

Post by Sigmous » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:25 am

I'd really appreciate the .zip file, not sure if anyone else has come forward yet but count me among it. My university disallows torrenting and I don't want to risk downloading something so large through uTorrent, but I'd really like to get back into WMV.

Zugrah

Post by Zugrah » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:13 am

For anyone already on the French hotfix, this is a French version too.

I just downloaded the 29 GB once again, in an attempt to get an English version, but this one is not it.

Can confirm it works though, with the following limitations:

1. No Legion items.
2. All equippable items are in french.

What I do, is look up each item on WoWhead.com, then change language in the top right corner to french. Rinse and repeat. A bit tedious, but it works.

Broot

Post by Broot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:09 am

Zugrah wrote:For anyone already on the French hotfix, this is a French version too.

I just downloaded the 29 GB once again, in an attempt to get an English version, but this one is not it.

Can confirm it works though, with the following limitations:

1. No Legion items.
2. All equippable items are in french.

What I do, is look up each item on WoWhead.com, then change language in the top right corner to french. Rinse and repeat. A bit tedious, but it works.
Ah sorry, I forgot to mention this - but yes this is the french version. Although tbh I never had any problems with it since I don't need item names, I just look at the file names.

EinarTheRed

Post by EinarTheRed » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:59 am

If you are not seeing the new stuff from legion than it is your listfile, just the updated one online and replace WMV's listfile with that one.

Jeromnimo
Site Admin

Post by Jeromnimo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:50 pm

If you want to switch your install in english, please have a look here : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2001&p=5565&hilit=build.info#p5565
If you like this software, feel free to donate : EURO or USD. Thanks !

BenbanksTV

Re: How to get back a WoD WoW installation

Post by BenbanksTV » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:02 am

heres the video thread on how to switch the French files to english viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2068

Phealin

Post by Phealin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:07 pm

It does not work to switch from french to english by replacing the frFR with enGB. I tried it and it just throws me Error 0 for trying.

Dumpy

Post by Dumpy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Broot wrote: http://tinyurl.com/torrentwmv - WoW Torrent File
Make sure you use a VPN while downloading this torrent, if you use chose to use it. I'm on Spectrum and a DMCA request was sent to them from one of Blizzard's legal teams about a violation of their copyrighted material. I normally use a VPN while using torrents, just in case, but I will say this surprised me (although, I'm not sure why) that it was being tracked.

BenbanksTV

Post by BenbanksTV » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:14 am

Phealin wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:07 pm
It does not work to switch from french to english by replacing the frFR with enGB. I tried it and it just throws me Error 0 for trying.
I just showed you exactly how to do it, wht do you mean it doesnt work...watch it again and follow step by step