Possible to get an M2 or M3 exporter?

Something to discuss or share around development, here is the right place
Forum rules
Before requesting support, please make sure:
- your problem is not already discussed in this forum
- your poblem is not already listed here : https://wowmodelviewer.net:8443/issues/?filter=10901
Please enclose logs and clear workflow (+ screenshot if applicable) to help understand your issue.
Thanks !
Jeromnimo
Daara

Possible to get an M2 or M3 exporter?

Post by Daara » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:16 am

Trying to get models over to Starcraft 2. In order to do this I need to be able to import the models into 3ds max 2011 with all of their animations intact. I haven't figured out how to do this with FBX as everytime I import another animation the previous just gets overridden. Even still doing this for each individual animation would still be an extremely time consuming task.

Jeromnimo
Site Admin

Re: Possible to get an M2 or M3 exporter?

Post by Jeromnimo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am

Hello,

m2 exporter is part of my todo list (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=259) , but definitively not on top of it.

If you want to export several animation at the same time, fbx exporter allows to do so, you just have to check several when exporting
If you like this software, feel free to donate : EURO or USD. Thanks !

Daara

Post by Daara » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:04 am

The problem isn't with exporting animations, it's with importing them into 3ds max. You can only import 1 animation at a time and when you try to import another it just replaces the 1st one you import. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to set them on different parts of the timeline or import them into different layers.

WollieWoltaz

Post by WollieWoltaz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:03 pm

@ daara

It's not that hard to put several animations at the same timeline. You need to import a animation in 3ds max and change the duplicate name of the model at the left side of the screen were all the bones are named to another name. Then save it. Then import and merge another animation and also change that name to another name. (so no duplicate names are aloud). Then go to "animation - save animation. and do that for every animation. Then open the first animation you saved, and extend the timeline frame with a lot and then click "animation - load animation. It will then automatically load it into the timeline and you got 2 animations behind each other. Then repeat that for every saved animation.
But be carefull because somethimes it will overwrite an animation and then the animation is over the other animation and then it will look verry odd. (weird bone rotation and movement). Just fiddle around a bit, you will get the hang of it. I was also having some trouble the first time but after some trial and error i got the hang of it and now i can make smooth animations.

This also works for animations like: LoadBow - HoldBow - AttackBow.
You can save them as seperate animations in 3ds max and load them behind each other at the timeline. So you will get a smooth animation.

~WollieWoltaz,

Daara

Post by Daara » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:27 am

I have tried that, and every time I import the 2nd animation from "load animation" it places the new one directly on top of the old one, no matter where I drag the keyframes from the first animation to.

WollieWoltaz

Post by WollieWoltaz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Hmm that's weird, i don't have that problem on my side. I can place 3/4 animations at the same timeline without overwriting each other. I did it with the bow/throw/jump animations. Did you changed the names and did you expend the timeline?

Daara

Post by Daara » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Changed the name and expanded the timeline. I even saved the different animations 100's of keyframes away from each other and they still import on top of the other.

WollieWoltaz

Post by WollieWoltaz » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Is this also the problem with the LoadBow - HoldBow - AttackBow animations? can you get them to work?

RanchBurner

Post by RanchBurner » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 am

WILL YOU PLEASE FIX THE M3 EXPORTER?

CiniCraft

Post by CiniCraft » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 am

Yes, PLEASE fix the M3 exporter.
As of right now, there is no way of getting WoW models into Starcraft 2. When I had last used the M3 exporter, it was phenominal.

EDIT: How To Export World of Warcraft M3 Models for Starcraft II

I was able to find a copy of MoP 5.4.8, and successfully loaded it into an older version of WoW Model Viewer 0.7.0.5. This older version of WoW Model Viewer allows for M3 model exports.

Download Old MoP Client
This is a very fast torrent of MoP seen below as a magnet URI, you'll be able to download this 24.93 GB version of WoW at 5 - 10 MB/s:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b960632c27d492bb3f6570849f6cd02493656c0c&dn=World%20of%20Warcraft%205.4.8&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969
As a legal disclaimer, I'm sharing this link for the sole purpose of migrating art assets from one Blizzard Entertainment game to another to help improve the quality and experience for Blizzard's StarCraft II product. It will primarily help StarCraft II Map developers with creating new experiences for the benefit of the StarCraft II community. I did not create this torrent tracker, I discovered it and am sharing it publicly.
This magnet URI is required by World of Warcraft subscribers who purchased a digital copy of Mists of Pandaria, subscribers who purchased a physical boxed copy will not need to use this torrent.