NPC Weapon Equips

Support in english language
Forum rules
Before requesting support, please make sure:
- your problem is not already discussed in this forum
- your poblem is not already listed here : https://wowmodelviewer.net:8443/issues/?filter=10901
Please enclose logs and clear workflow (+ screenshot if applicable) to help understand your issue.
Thanks !
Jeromnimo
zeragonii

NPC Weapon Equips

Post by zeragonii » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:26 am

So I'm trying to load up the model for Imonar the Soulhunter and it all works as it should, however he doesn't have his weapon equipped. His weapon model shows up just fine however making these two actually join as one doesn't seem to be possible. At least from my perspective anyways, I'm rather new to this whole model viewing shindig. It's awesome that you keep this project alive and any insight would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

model for Imonar > creature/fellord_bounty/fellord_bountyhunter

model for his weapon > item/objectcomponents/weapon/polearm_2h_fellord_bountyhunter_d_01

I've tried trawling wowhead and a few other DB sites but nothing useful has come up. I remember something a while back about being able to do crazy things like equip gnomes as weapons, a private server I used to frequent had such a weapon for donators and it was damn funny at the time.

FrosthawkSDK

Re: NPC Weapon Equips

Post by FrosthawkSDK » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:01 am

AFAIK the only way you can equip a weapon to a character in WMV is if that weapon model is attached to an actual item in the game files. For some NPC weapons that works because the item data exists but is unobtainable by players, but for the most part it doesn't. Instead of using actual item data, Blizzard uses some kind of separate game system that doesn't get replicated by WMV.

In older (I want to say Cata or Mists) versions, there was the ability to grab every individual piece of equipment, armor or weapon, that an NPC was wearing and interpret them as items. But some database changes in an expansion caused that feature to break and never be re-added.

BenbanksTV

Re: NPC Weapon Equips

Post by BenbanksTV » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm